The Mackie CR4 4" Woofer Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Pair) are a compact and portable solution for providing audio playback in home and studio environments. They're designed for multimedia work such as mixing music or post-production sound design. The pair consists of one passive speaker and one Class-AB powered speaker that connect with an included stereo cable. The monitors use 4" polypropylene-coated woofers with a rear port tube for the low end, and 0.75" silk dome tweeters for the highs to deliver a frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz with a maximum SPL of 100 dB.
A switch allows you to select whether the powered speaker will function as the left or right speaker. This is helpful when having to position the speakers near power outlets or when deciding which side is preferable for the volume knob. A front-panel, LED power-ring illuminated on/off switch and volume knob allows you to control level. A dedicated front-panel headphone jack defeats the main speaker output and can be used to expand the system's monitoring versatility.
A front-panel 3.5mm stereo input and included 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable allows you to connect your smartphone or other mobile device directly to the monitors. Other equipment such as audio interfaces, CD players, or mixers, can be connected to the rear panel's 1/4" TRS, 3.5mm TRS, or RCA inputs.
The monitors come with a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable for connecting to a computer. Also included are isolation pads for reducing the transmission of structural vibrations and for allowing the monitors to be tilted slightly up or down for a better listening angle. The CR4 features a download of ProTools | First and The Musician's Collection plug-in package.
Professional Production Content
- Included Software from Avid, including Pro Tools | First
- An industry standard for decades, Pro Tools | First is easy enough for beginners yet sophisticated enough for experienced musicians. Get many of the same tools used by your favorite artists and recording studios. And now you can collaborate online with anyone, anywhere, and create at the speed of your imagination. Available for macOS and Windows operating systems
- In addition to the powerful plug-ins within Pro Tools | First, this mixer comes with the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins, including:
- Avid 304E EQ: Add musical warmth with a treble and bass equalizer with sweepable mid control
- Avid 304C Compressor: Tweak the clarity, balance, and rhythmic feel of music with this optical-modeled compressor
- BBD Delay: Create delay, chorus, and vibrato effects based on a classic guitar pedal
- Black Op Distortion: Add rich distortion based on a classic distortion pedal
- Black Shiny Wah: Achieve the famous classic tones of a respected wah wah pedal
- Black Spring Reverb: Get the twang and space of a vintage amplifier
- C1 Chorus: Emulates a classic chorus pedal
- DC Distortion: Dial up a range of overdriven tones with this Avid custom distortion effect
- Eleven Lite: Get the sound of popular guitar amps and speaker cabinets
- Flanger: Create esoteric sounds with this homage to vintage and modern flangers
- Graphic EQ: Sculpt frequencies with ease
- Gray Compressor: Add warmth to tracks based on a vintage Ross compressor
- Green JRC Overdrive: Get the coveted sounds of a classic IC overdrive pedal
- In-Tune: Keep your instruments in tune with this digital tuner
- Orange Phaser: Create interesting effects with this phase shifter based on a classic design
- Roto Speaker: Recreate the sounds of a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet
- Sci-Fi: Add analog synth-type ring and frequency modulation
- Studio Reverb: Create natural-sounding reverb and ambient effects
- Tape Echo: Add vintage analog delay and chorus effects
- Tri Knob Fuzz: Get the Hendrix tone with this fuzz box based on one of the first fuzz pedals
- Vari-Fi: Create the effect of audio changing tape speed
- Vibe Phaser: Add phase-shift and rotary speaker effects
- White Boost: Boost gain without coloring tone