The PreSonus Eris E3.5 is a pair of 3.5" 2-way 25W nearfield monitors designed to provide a compact sonic reference system for musicians, producers, and audio engineers in home setups, project studios, and commercial facilities. Each monitor produces a frequency response of 80 Hz to 20 kHz via a 3.5" Kevlar woofer and a 1" silk dome tweeter powered by a 25W class AB amplifier. The monitors can handle 100 dB maximum peak SPL. A rear bass-reflex port provides enhanced low-frequency range.
For inputs, the monitor system accepts balanced 1/4" TRS, unbalanced 3.5mm, and unbalanced RCA inputs. An integrated 2-band EQ allows you to fine tune the monitors to your listening preference. The EQ controls include ±6 dB gain at 100 Hz and ±6 dB at 10 kHz. A front-panel 3.5mm stereo mini-jack is provided for easy headphone monitoring.
Each cabinet uses resonance-suppressing internal bracing to optimize the sound output and the amplifiers include RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection circuits.
Components and Construction
- 3.5" Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- 1" ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Rear-firing acoustic port for enhanced bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- High-frequency shelving EQ at 10 kHz
- Low-frequency shelving EQ at 100 Hz
- Front-panel volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
- Balanced 1/4" TRS, unbalanced 3.5mm stereo, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Integrated stereo headphone amplifier with front-panel 3.5mm output
Power and Safety
- 50W (25W per side) Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED